What’s a cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- First and third party cookies: First party cookies are cookies set by our website. Third party cookies are cookies on our website that are set by a website other than our website, such as where we have adverts on our website or use Facebook pixels so that we can show you relevant content from us when you are on Facebook.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|x-pp-s||third party||session||This cookie is provided by PayPal and supports payment services in the website.|
|X-PP-L7||third party||session||Paypal - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.|
|AKDC||persistent third party||30 minutes||This cookie is provided by PayPal to support payment services within the website.|
|akavpau_ppsd||third party||session||This cookie is provided by Paypal. The cookie is used in context with transactions on the website.|
|ts_c||persistent third party||3 years||Paypal - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.|
|tsrce||third party persistent||3 days||This cookie is generally provided by PayPal and supports payment services in the website.|
|X-PP-SILOVER||third party||30 minutes||This cookie is provided by PayPal and supports payment services in the website.|
|PHPSESSID||first party||session||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users' unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.|
|__atuvc||first party, persistent||1 year||This cookie is set by Addthis to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.|
|__atuvs||first party, persistent||30 minutes||This cookie is set by Addthis to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated.|
|lang||first party||8 hours||This cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website.|
|ouid||third party, persistent||1 year||The cookie is set by Addthis which enables the content of the website to be shared across different networking and social sharing websites.|
|na_id||third party, persistent||1 year||This cookie is set by Addthis.com to enable sharing of links on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter|
|vc||third party, persistent||1 year||This cookie is set by addthis.com on sites that allow sharing on social media.|
|ts||third party persistent||3 years||This cookie is generally provided by PayPal and supports payment services in the website.|
|nsid||third party||session||These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.|
|di2||third party, persistent||1 year||This cookie is set by addthis.com on sites that allows sharing on social media. The cookie is used to track user behavior anonymously to generate usage trends to improve relevance to their services and advertising.|
|uid||third party, persistent||1 year||This cookie is used to measure the number and behavior of the visitors to the website anonymously. The data includes the number of visits, average duration of the visit on the website, pages visited, etc. for the purpose of better understanding user preferences for targeted advertisments.|
|loc||third party, persistent||1 year||This cookie is set by Addthis. This is a geolocation cookie to understand where the users sharing the information are located.|
|NID||third party, persistent||6 months||This cookie is set by DoubleClick (which is owned by Google) to help build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.|
|AWSALB||third party||1 week||These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||third party||5 months||This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.|
|IDE||third party, persistent||2 years||Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.|
|um||persistent third party||1 year||Set by addthis.com. Persistent, third party.|
|uvc||third party, persistent||1 year||The cookie is set by addthis.com to determine the usage of Addthis.com service.|
|GPS||third party, persistent||30 minutes||This cookie is set by Youtube and registers a unique ID for tracking users based on their geographical location|
|YSC||third party||session||This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.|
You can alter your cookie preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘Cookie settings’ button below, adjusting the sliders and clicking ‘Save & Accept’. Please refresh your page to ensure that the new settings have taken effect.Cookie settings
You can also control your cookie settings through your web browser.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 3 years.
If you have any questions about the cookies that we use, feel free to email us at email@example.com